DIRECTIONS FOR USE
1. Remove the Dignity Ostomy Belt from package.
2. Slip belt around waist so that your barrier flange hole is centered vertically within the height of the belt.
3. Mark the spot on the inside layer of the belt where you intend to cut a circular hole through which you will insert your ostomy pouch.
4. The center of the hole that you cut should be located at least 4-5” from one end of the zippered opening to allow room to fit your ostomy pouch inside the belt. (If your stoma is on your left, reverse the graphic above).
5. With a pair of scissors, carefully cut a hole in the inside layer of the belt so that the belt material fits snugly around your barrier flange. DOUBLE CHECK TO MAKE
SURE YOU HAVE MEASURED PROPERLY. ONLY CUT THROUGH THE INSIDE LAYER OF THE BELT.
6. The Dignity Ostomy Belt is designed to allow your ostomy pouch to be positioned sideways and angled slightly downwards.
7. Once the hole is cut, slip the belt over your waist and insert your emptied pouch through the hole you have created in the inside layer of the belt.
8. Now that your pouch is safely nestled sideways inside your Dignity Ostomy Belt, use the zipper at the bottom to access and empty your ostomy pouch.
9. We recommend sleeping on the side of your body opposite to the location of your stoma. This will allow your ostomy pouch to fill more evenly when you sleep since your pouch will be suspended sideways inside the belt.
10. For more information and assistance, or to let us know how we are doing, please visit our website at: www.azzbackwards.com
>> CLICK HERE TO VISIT OUR DIGNITY BELT GALLERY